TS, the leading global provider of multi-asset trading systems to the buy-side, sell-side and trading platforms, has provided connectivity and execution management services to the global financial markets for nearly two decades. From our multi-asset class electronic trading platforms to our market data to our global financial cloud infrastructure, we are the industry’s most comprehensive and compliant technology suite available to the investment management community.
But behind all of our scalable products and solutions are people. Our trading and technology experts are connected and positioned around the world, enabling a “Follow the Sun” support approach that literally never stops. And we’re constantly evolving within a complex, ever-changing marketplace to create sophisticated, customizable and accessible solutions.
TS provides global coverage from offices in New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
A job is never just a job, and we recognize that at TS. At TS we are passionate about employee engagement and make it our business to provide our employees a range of challenging and rewarding opportunities that align with business strategy and promote team work and inspire innovation.
We have successfully built a company culture based on our single most important asset – our employees. Our passion for continuous growth and innovative approach have allowed us to become the company we are today. We believe our employees should have the opportunity to grow and be part of a company that is making a lasting contribution to the financial markets.
We challenge our employees every day to think creatively and innovate across silos and across platforms.
Infrastructure Engineer Overview
An exciting and challenging position with exposure to a broad spectrum of technology and a focus on engineering solutions to improve TradingScreen infrastructure and services in line with strategic goals.
The Infrastructure group is responsible for managing and engineering the company’s global solutions for networks, firewalls, servers and storage. The ideal candidate will have experience with the UNIX operating system, TCP/IP protocols and exposure to configuration management tools and cloud services.
Excellent communication skills are required since the group interfaces with clients and all levels of the business up to and including the CEO. Additionally the role requires excellent troubleshooting skills, the ability to work under pressure and the ability to innovate whilst being sympathetic to change management process that governs the management of production resources.
Since the group is global and provides services using a “follow the sun” model, the successful candidate must be an excellent team player able to both pass on and assume responsibility for tasks that require follow up activity across time zones.
Infrastructure Engineer Skills Matrix
- 5 years+ experience as a System Administrator (preferably Redhat Linux variants)
- Solid understanding of volume management and principles of RAID
- Solid understanding of virtual memory
- NetApp or EMC experience an advantage
- Good knowledge of one of the following virtualisation – VMware, KVM/oVirt
- Good knowledge of AWS and/or Google Cloud services
- Knowledge and experience of multi-vendor cloud management tools an advantage
- Scripting/Programming skills in any language an advantage
System and Configuration Management
- Knowledge and experience of managing hosts via a framework such as puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Knowledge of support Java applications in production an advantage
- Understands the need and importance of Change Management processes
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions such as Collectd, Nagios, Graphite or other solutions
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and can perform basic network troubleshooting
- Understands NAT and stateless versus stateful firewalls
- Knowledge of firewall technologies an advantage
- Able to work individually and as a team
- Able to deal with both operational and engineering tasks
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Have a proven track record to work calmly under pressure
- Proven technical ability to engineer robust solutions
- Able to provide quality documentation and training
All applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position as subject line.