TS, the leading global provider of multi-asset trading systems to the buy-side, sell-side and trading platforms, has provided connectivity and execution management services to the global financial markets for nearly two decades. From our multi-asset class electronic trading platforms to our market data to our global financial cloud infrastructure, we are the industry’s most comprehensive and compliant technology suite available to the investment management community.
But behind all of our scalable products and solutions are people. Our trading and technology experts are connected and positioned around the world, enabling a “Follow the Sun” support approach that literally never stops. And we’re constantly evolving within a complex, ever-changing marketplace to create sophisticated, customizable and accessible solutions.
TS provides global coverage from offices in New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
A job is never just a job, and we recognize that at TS. At TS we are passionate about employee engagement and make it our business to provide our employees a range of challenging and rewarding opportunities that align with business strategy and promote team work and inspire innovation.
We have successfully built a company culture based on our single most important asset – our employees. Our passion for continuous growth and innovative approach have allowed us to become the company we are today. We believe our employees should have the opportunity to grow and be part of a company that is making a lasting contribution to the financial markets.
We challenge our employees every day to think creatively and innovate across silos and across platforms.
We are seeking a mid-level application support specialist with three (3+) or more years of experience to work in our Production Services Group in New York. The Production Services Group is dedicated to maintaining the reliability and stability of all client facing trading environments. The team is currently functional in New York and London, covering the Americas and EMEA regions. It is envisaged that in time the team will be expanded to include Hong Kong (covering APAC) and provide 24x6 coverage, utilizing a follow-the-sun support model.
At present, the group’s main focus is on server side application support, but we aim to expand this remit to include full end-to-end application support encompassing ownership and resolution of end user problems escalated via our Global Customer Services team. The group offers an exciting and challenging position to top performers, with exposure to a broad spectrum of technology in a dynamic, geographically distributed, real time trading environment.
The successful candidate will provide regional application support and will report to the global team manager. After an in-depth training period (usually 6-9 months), the candidate will be expected to join the weekend support rotation which involves, but is not limited to, complex software releases and environment restarts. The weekend rotation is currently one weekend in five. Additionally, regional public holidays are covered on a rotational basis.
The successful candidate will contribute individual specialties to a team effort to achieve new levels of operational excellence and ensure that TradingScreen is “always on”. Success in the role will require developing a deep understanding of the entire global trading system and working closely with specialized development and engineering teams. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be proactive, question assumptions, and not accept anything less than perfection.
- Ownership, maintenance and support of all trading system components (including order managers, FIX/API connectivity, market data distribution, exchange links, messaging middleware etc.).
- Identification and mitigation of risks to service delivery and proactive resolution of issues before they impact service levels.
- Incident and problem management, including root cause analysis and follow up. Coordination of all relevant parties during client facing outages. Timely escalation of complex issues or problems.
- Resiliency testing. Regular and systematic testing of application redundancy and failover.
- Real-time system monitoring using a diverse set of industry standard and proprietary tools. (Opsview, Graphite, etc.)
- Capacity planning and assessment.
- Application maintenance, including change and release management (planned and emergency application deployment, configuration and patching).
- Definition, management, and leadership of projects to improve operational efficiency, system monitoring and automation of manual tasks.
- Definition and maintenance of operational run books and other documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Conceptual understanding of messaging middleware (e.g. JMS), distributed caching software (e.g. Gemfire), and databases (e.g. MySQL).
- Ability to investigate Java application exceptions by reviewing Java source code. (read-only)
- Demonstrable ability to correlate events based on log file analysis (from multiple applications, hosts, and network devices, including interactions between layers of the stack)
- Experience with industry standard monitoring tools (like Opsview, Nagios, Graphite, etc.).
- Experience performing root cause analysis and problem management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrable ability to interact and influence at all levels of the business.
- 3+ years experience supporting real time trading systems with end-to-end application support in an Investment Bank, ECN, or similar institution. Ideally supporting multi-tiered JAVA applications in UNIX/Linux distributed server environments.
- Strong Unix (Solaris/Linux) day-to-day skills, including junior system administrator level.
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP fundamentals and experience performing basic network troubleshooting.
- Scripting experience (i.e. Perl, Ruby) – Ruby preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills across a wide variety of technologies and disciplines.
- Proven ability to perform incident management, prioritize, and execute complex tasks with precision in a high-pressure environment.
- A strong desire to proactively anticipate and prevent potential problems.
- Ability to question existing practices and procedures while taking nothing for granted in order to improve system availability and TradingScreen customer experience.
- An excellent team player able to both hand over and assume responsibility for tasks that require follow up activity across time zones.
All applicants, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position as subject line.